Monsoon is the season when the infections are at their peak. To stay healthy and protect your immunity, you need to change your monsoon diet to make it more nutritious for your body. Prunes are known to have multiple qualities that uplift your health by providing you with essential nutrients. They contain antioxidants along with many vitamins, fiber and minerals which are essential for the healthy functioning of your body.
Prunes are essentially plums that have been dehydrated naturally without undergoing any fermentation process. These dried plums are immensely beneficial for your overall bone health and contain nutrients that help you stay healthy during the rainy season. Following are a few benefits of including prunes in your everyday diet:
- Good For Your Heart: Prunes contain a good amount of potassium that is essential for the proper functioning of your heart. Consuming prunes regularly maintains your blood pressure levels and keeps cardiovascular issues at bay.
- Promotes Digestive Health: Prunes contain fiber which is an essential substance that helps relieve constipation. This fiber is mostly insoluble, so it helps to speed up the rate of your waste movement through the digestive tract. Moreover, prunes also contain sorbitol which acts as a laxative to offer relief from constipation.
- Rich In Antioxidants: Prunes are known to contain manganese, iron and plant phenols that soothe inflammation and protect your cells from the damage by free radicals. The polyphenol antioxidants also have a positive effect on bone health and help reduce the risk of heart diseases and diabetes. Moreover, prunes are also known to prevent bone loss and improve your bone density.
- Promote Eye Heath: Prunes contain vitamin A, which is essential for a healthy vision. By incorporating prunes in your diet, you are able to reduce issues like night blindness, dry eyes and cataract.
- Good for Hair and Skin: Being a good source of iron, prunes are ideal for maintaining the health of your hair and skin. The goodness of vitamin C and B in prunes helps strengthen your hair roots and prevents hair breakage. Prunes slow down the ageing process and impart a youthful glow to your skin.
While it is true that prunes are great for your overall health, you need to consume them in moderation in order to avail maximum benefits for your body. Include a small number of prunes in your diet by pairing them with any dish that you like and stay healthy this monsoon season.