People eagerly await the monsoon season every year as it gives them relief from the scorching summer heat. While it is true that this season makes nature around you blossom and creates a cold and enjoyable climate, it is also to be noted that most infections see a rising trend in this season. Your immunity is at its weakest in the monsoon season, which is why you need to monitor your diet and eat foods that are good for your body. Following is a list of a few food items that you can consume to boost your immunity this monsoon:
- Til Ladoo: These ladoos are made from sesame seeds which are known to have multiple benefits for the human body. Made by mixing sesame seeds with jaggery, til ladoos are not only tasty but also a healthy snack for regular consumption. They are good for your heart health, immunity as well as digestive health. Til ladoos keep your energy levels high and maintain cholesterol and blood pressure levels in your body.
- Dry fruits: Walnuts, almonds, dates or raisins are infused with essential vitamins and minerals that improve your body’s disease-fighting ability to keep infections at bay. Therefore, including dry fruits in your regular diet is a great way to stay healthy during the monsoon season.
- Green Tea: This particular beverage has risen to popularity in the last few decades because of its immense health benefits for our bodies. Green tea is rich in antioxidants that lower the risk of heart diseases, protect against cancer and help strengthen your immunity. Having a cup of green tea in the morning will recharge you for the entire day and keep your body healthy from the inside.
- Halim (Haliv) Seeds: This tiny treasure of nutrients is a great addition to your diet during the monsoon season. These red-coloured seeds contain nutrients like iron, fibre, Vitamin C, A and E along with protein which develop your immunity and keep infections like cough, cold and fever at bay. Traditionally, haliv seeds can be consumed in the form of haliv ladoos which are commonly prepared in Maharashtrian households.
- Gir Cow Ghee (A2 Ghee): This type of ghee is the purest form of ghee which is prepared using traditional methods to keep the nutrients of the milk intact. A2 ghee can be included in a variety of different Indian food preparations and is ideal for regular consumption in the monsoon season. A2 ghee is known to boost your immunity and keep you healthy to protect you from the infections that are common during this season.
There is no need for you to be afraid about your health during monsoons as the foods mentioned above have your back when it comes to maintaining good health. Keep consuming them in moderation and you are bound to experience the monsoon season to its fullest.