People everywhere in the world like dried fruits and nuts of all types. These nutritionally powerful delicacies are enjoyed in households around the world. The most common items under the “dry fruits” category include most nuts like cashews, pistachios, almonds, walnuts, etc. The other sub-category is dehydrated fresh fruits like dried apricots, plums, prunes, and the most famous of them all, dried grapes, a.k.a. raisins.
Everybody is familiar with raisins since they are the most common thing coupled with other dry fruits, and we commonly find them in gift packages. Raisins are commonly used in desserts like sweets, chocolate bars, halwa, barfi, and many others. These delicacies are made better by raisins. But did you know that there are various types of raisins with different nutritional compositions? So without further ado, let’s look at these different types of raisins.
- Black Raisins
Generally used in households, these are the most common types of raisins. Pretty much everybody has had these in one form or another. They are derived from black grapes when they are dehydrated, and the skin gets blacker and drier as it gets drier. They are longer in size and are easily recognizable. These grapes are amazing, which is why the yield of raisins is also just as good. They are delicious, chewy, and fleshy.
- These raisins help in preventing hair loss.
- They are known to purify and cleanse the intestines.
- They are attributed to improving skin and scalp health as well.
- Zante Currants
This rather rare raisin variety is known less for its sweetness and more for its tart-like qualities. They come from black Corinth grapes, which are dark and seedless, and have tremendous health benefits. Zante currants can be a very rich dried fruit to snack on for their fibrous texture and antioxidants.
- These currants are known to help a sore throat get better.
- It boosts immunity by adding antioxidants and strengthening the immune system.
- It lowers blood pressure and keeps the circulatory system healthy.
These raisins have a rich heritage and history to draw from. The name ‘Sultana’ is one of royalty in the Mughal culture. These raisins are made from Turkish green grapes and sometimes Thompson seedless grapes. They have a golden colour that can sometimes resemble apricots. Because of their colour, they are also referred to as golden raisins.
- For diabetic patients, these raisins are perfect since they control blood sugar.
- They also help in decreasing inflammation.
- Because of the fibre content, these raisins help in digestion.
- Red Raisins
Red raisins are amongst the tastiest variety of grapes. They are derived from flame red seedless grapes, which are rather bigger in size. These delicious grapes are perfect on their own and even as an addition to any dessert that you’re making. They are plumpy, fleshy, dark in colour, and very tasty.
- By regulating blood sugar in the system, these grapes help in lowering the risk of diabetes.
- They are good for dental and bone health because of their calcium content.
- They are also helpful in improving eye-sight.
- Green Raisins
These are very common types of raisins that almost everybody is aware of. These are the variety of grapes that you will find in any dry fruit gifting packages. They are derived from the most common green seedless grapes. They are tender, juicy, and very delicious. They have a rich fibre content which makes them excellent for the stomach.
- These raisins are good for the heart and circulatory system’s health.
- It purifies the blood and prevents anaemia.
- Rich fibre content makes it a great regular for the stomach and digestive health.
Shreeji Foods is where the best quality of Dry Fruits & Groceries Products are available at the most affordable prices.
We have a good collection of Dry Fruits & Groceries that include Dried Fruits, Ghee, Green Tea, Sweets, Cookies.
Visit Shreeji Foods online store now to purchase the best quality of Dry Fruits & Groceries at the best price. Shop now!