Everybody loves dry fruits. ‘Dry fruits’ is a broad term for fruits, dried like resins, and most nuts like almonds, cashew nuts, and pistachios. There are many dry fruits, all of which are tasty snacks to munch on while also packing tremendous nutritious value. When it comes to food on the run, it doesn’t get better than dry fruits. They are the perfect quick-fix food that you can have any time, any where without needing preparation.
Dry fruits are dried out fruits that have been sun-dried or dried using other methods. They are easy to store and have a longer shelf life as compared to regular fruits. They are found everywhere, including general stores and super-markets. Since they are full-sized fruits that shrink up after drying, they have more concentrated nutrients in a smaller package.
These excellent quick snacks have more qualities other than high nutrition value and good taste. Let’s look at some of these benefits in detail!
1. Protection against Diseases and Strengthened Immunity: Especially in these COVID times, we need to grab whatever source of immunity boost we can get. Dry fruits happen to be excellent sources of nutrients that bolster the immunity system. They are rich in potassium, iron, folate, calcium, and magnesium. They are also packed with antioxidants that are excellent for immunity.
2. Fight Cancer: Soaked almonds are an excellent way to fight cancer cells in your body. Almonds and cashew nuts have a way to fight cells that cause breast cancer. Apricots have phytonutrients that are rich in antioxidants that prevent the growth of cancer cells.
3. Weight Loss: A lot of people struggle with maintaining weight. With all the kinds of delicious fast food available in the world today, it is so hard to resist putting on some weight. But with dry fruits, you can have delicious snacks without worrying about weight! They have lesser fats and sugars without compromising taste.
4. Fighting Constipation: Some dry fruits like figs and anjeer are rich in fibre. This fibre is an essential ingredient in the food we eat because it helps binding everything up and make excrements easier. But modern food tends to lack it sometimes. Munching on some dry fruits makes things easier!
5. Stomach Health: Dry fruits have both soluble and insoluble fibres. Like the point above, fibres in the food are essential. They not only help with better digestion but also help to promote gut health.
6. Anti-ageing Properties: Now that we’ve talked about the stomach, let’s talk about the positive effect of dry fruits on the skin. Dry fruits can be crushed and added to face masks. These really help in exfoliating the skin and de-tanning.
7. Blood Health: Resins and prunes are perfect for patients with anaemia. Lots of dry fruits are packed with nutrients like Vitamin B, phosphorous, and copper. Add unsaturated fats to that, and you have a perfect package for good blood health. Almonds, pistachios, and cashew nuts do this and add stamina to a person’s health check-list.
8. Healthy Heart: Resins are well known to regulate blood pressure healthily. They do so by controlling cholesterol levels and other inflammatory markers in the body. The Vitamin E and mono-unsaturated fatty acids in almonds keep the cholesterol levels optimum too. Brazil nuts are a great source of potassium, calcium, and magnesium, reducing the risk of heart diseases.
9. Improves Bones: The structural integrity of our bodies depends on how healthy our bones are. Dried plums specifically are known to improve bone health and density. Dry fruits, in general, tend to be rich in calcium which is an essential component for bone strength.
10. Improving Mental Health: Mood disorders like anxiety and depression are hard to tackle if a body lacks beta carotene. This is an antioxidant that is found in dry fruits. These components improve memory and brain function in general. They also improve sleep and help you be better rested on a whole level.
Shreeji Foods is where the best quality of Dry Fruits & Groceries Products are available at the most affordable prices.
We have a good collection of Dry Fruits & Groceries that include Dried Fruits, Ghee, Green Tea, Sweets, Cookies.
Visit Shreeji Foods online store now to purchase the best quality of Dry Fruits & Groceries at the best price. Shop now!