The magical powers of dry fruits are not hidden in the world. They are concentrated fruits that have the goodness of many nutrients. They are also fibrous, helping the digestive system. These energy foods are widely used as snacks or ingredients in making all kinds of cuisine and sweet dishes.
Walnuts are amazing. They are packed with high nutritious value and a tremendous earthly, nutty taste. They have a world of benefits to the human body, and they are consumed widely by people across the globe. Speaking of globes, it’s a world-shaped nut that resembles the earth itself. And it is called brain food because it looks a lot like the CPU of the human body upon cracking it. Walnuts have a rich nutritional profile. They have high amounts of polyunsaturated fat and vitamins. They also have essential minerals like potassium, iron, magnesium, and zinc.
It is called brain food because of its resemblance and because it has tremendous benefits for brain functioning amongst many others. Everybody should incorporate more walnuts in their diet in one way or another. They are an excellent ingredient for ice creams and sweet dishes but also taste fantastic as a snack on their own. So let’s look at some excellent benefits of walnuts to the human body.
1. Fights Cancer: The food and air we intake these days are tainted by pollutants and contaminants that always put human life at the risk of developing cancer of some kind. Consuming walnuts introduces our system to Omega-3 fatty acids and various antioxidants that help us fight cancer-causing radicals. They are especially helpful in combating the typical types of cancer like prostate, breast, and pancreatic cancer.
2. Healthy Heart: The contents of alpha-linolenic acid and linolenic acid, which are monounsaturated fatty acids, encourage a healthy lipid supply, essential for good heart health. It regulates cholesterol levels, an imbalance that is the leading cause of heart attacks and other heart diseases. Walnuts also regulate blood pressure.
3. Good for Diabetics: Diabetes is a very common disease these days, and it is also genetic. If people at risk of diabetes in their bloodline consume walnuts regularly, they have an excellent source of healthy protein, fats, and fibers. Since walnuts make you feel full quicker and don’t add to body weight, they are great to consume regularly and reduce the risk of diabetes.
4. Boost Metabolism: The leading cause of weight gain is a slow metabolism. Eating a few walnuts regularly can really aid a slow and sluggish metabolism. The content of fatty acids helps with digestion and excretion. It also helps in developing other metabolic processes.
5. Bone Health: We consume calcium to take care of our bone health, but merely consuming milk does not cut it. Our body also needs to be able to absorb the calcium efficiently and stop excreting it. Walnuts aid in calcium absorption and aid bone health in that way.
6. Anti-Inflammatory Properties: Inflammation causes many diseases like diabetes, rheumatism, arthritis, etc. Regular walnut consumption helps in combating diseases by reducing inflammation.
7. Better Sleep: Sleep is a very important aspect of our lives. We heal and rest when we sleep, and any disturbance in that process can lead to an irritating daily life. With walnuts, you can get a better sound sleep. It produces melatonin that induces and promotes healthy sleep. As an after-dinner snack, walnuts work wonderfully to improve your sleep cycle.
8. Good for Skin and Hair: Our skin and hair become the direct casualty of the bad weather and pollutants in air and water. The free radicals cause the skin to dry and wrinkles. They also cause hair fall and damage. Consuming walnuts reduces dark circles, and they are also used in scrubs that help with better skin health.
Visit Shreeji Foods online store now to purchase the best quality of Dry Fruits & Groceries at the best price. Shop now!