If someone told you that adding butter to your regular diet was a great idea, your heart would scream so loud, you could hear it. But clarified butter or ghee is an Indian variant of butter that is a more purer form and has many health benefits to boast about. If you grew up in a traditional Indian home, you have been treated with this delicious ingredient, probably every day.
Ghee has tremendous health benefits. It is one of the few sources of healthy fats in a traditional Indian meal. It has anti-bacterial properties for the stomach as well as boosting immunity is another excellent function. Here are some great ways of incorporating ghee into your everyday diet.
- Spread on chapattis: It gives them a very delicious flavor profile and makes meals more interesting.
- Daal tadka: Making a tadka with onions, tomatoes, ginger, garlic, and ghee takes the flavor of daal up a notch.
- With milk: Adding a spoonful of ghee to milk is an excellent laxative and delicious after a meal or before bed beverage.
- Using ghee to make vegetables: Instead of using oil, you can use ghee for cooking all sorts of vegetables.
In these ways, you can have a healthy dose of nutrition in your diet with fantastic flavor. But what are these health benefits we speak of? Let’s discuss that next.
1. Rich in Healthy Fats: Healthy fats are necessary for the growth of the cells in the human body. We lose and regenerate a lot of cells regularly. Healthy fats are also essential to enable nutrient absorption in your cells. It also helps in the production of essential hormones. A spoonful of ghee every day is excellent for the growth of the body of a young child. Even in adults, these healthy fats are capable of causing tremendous changes.
2. Balancing the Internal Moisture of the Body: We know that water is necessary for saving us from dehydration. But it doesn’t do a great job in maintaining moisture in our inner bodies. We can tell when we lack moisture for our skin, and then we apply a smooth lotion. But when it comes to the internal organs, which we can’t see, ghee works wonders. Especially in summers, when our body needs the most moisture it can get, ghee helps.
3. Boosts Immunity: In these times of a global pandemic, immunity is all that stands between us and death. In such a case, we should not hold anything back. Ghee is a supplement to immunity, a great one. It contains butyric acid, a short-term fatty acid that helps improve the immune system. It also is a rich source of Vitamins A and C that gives your immune system a nice boost.
4. Improved Digestion: Ghee on an empty stomach gives your body’s digestive system a good boost. It has excellent anti-fungal and anti-viral properties that help you get rid of disease-causing components in food at the primary level. Even according to Ayurveda, ghee is the best food to aid digestion and helps in absorbing nutrients.
5. Keeps the Body Cool: In summers, when the heat is beating down on us, adding ghee to the mix of your foods can keep your body cool. There are many things that you need to keep your body cool, but ghee helps a big deal as well. It reduces inflammation and also helps you in keeping your head cool and collected. It is sweet in taste and cold in nature, making it perfect for the summers.
Visit Shreeji Foods online store now to purchase the best quality of Dry Fruits & Groceries at the best price. Shop now!