You often tend to eat unhealthy food when you feel hungry in between your regular meals. Such bad eating habits take a toll on your health in many ways. Thus, it is wise to choose something that satisfies your hunger whilst benefitting your overall health. Following is a list of a few food items that you can eat without worrying about your health in any way.
- Diet Peri Peri Makhana: Makhana is slowly gaining recognition in the world as a superfood with multiple health benefits. It contains anti-ageing enzymes that repair damaged proteins and make you look youthful. The anti-oxidant properties of makhana protect you against damage from free radicals and keep chronic conditions at bay to boost your immunity. Makhana is low in cholesterol and calories, and hence is a great snack to curb your hunger pangs. It helps you maintain weight and also promotes heart and kidney health.
- Roasted Moong Dal Chips: Moong dal is considered to be a rich source of protein and other essential nutrients. The high protein content of this dal helps develop your muscles and maintains the health of your skin, bones and cartilage. Moong dal has the tendency to make you feel full after eating these chips. Thus, it helps in improving your metabolism rate and keeps you from eating unnecessarily, thereby avoiding weight gain.
- Roasted Jowar Chips: Jowar is a staple food in Indian culture and it is most commonly used in making “jowar bhakris” in most of Indian households. However, these Jowar Chips are also a great way of enjoying this popular grain. Since these chips are roasted, they are good for your heart as they do not contain cholesterol. Jowar chips are gluten-free, making them a great addition to your diet. Jowar has a high concentration of dietary fibre, which helps control your hunger and prevents binge eating. Jowar chips also maintain your digestive health and keep stomach-related issues at bay.
- Roasted Pumpkin Seeds: Pumpkin seeds are known to pack a nutritional punch, which is why it is necessary to incorporate them into your daily diet. These Roasted Pumpkin seeds from Shreeji Foods are low in cholesterol and are a good source of magnesium, potassium, manganese, iron, zinc, and copper. These micronutrients help fight free radicals to promote skin and bone health. Pumpkin seeds are a great source of dietary fibre, which is why they help to keep your weight in check by satiating your hunger.
- Roasted Soya bean chips: If ever you wish to eat something during the day to curb your hunger, then these soya bean chips are an ideal choice for your health. These chips are low in cholesterol and hence are a great alternative to fried chips. The low-calorie content of these chips helps prevent weight gain and the presence of protein helps you to build strength. These chips are rich in Vitamin A, B1, B6, B2 and E, which help promote heart and digestive health.