People love to celebrate Christmas by making delicious cakes that are loved by every member of the family. Cake has become an inseparable part of the Christmas tradition for years now and people enjoy baking cakes in their homes as it calls for the involvement of many members, which ultimately uplifts the Christmas spirit.
There are different types of cakes that you can prepare for Christmas, but we suggest that you try this delicious dry fruit cake recipe this holiday season. This cake is very easy to make and can be prepared within a short amount of time. Let’s take a brief look at the recipe below:
Dry Fruit Cake
Prep time – 1hr Approx
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/4th cup mixed dry fruits
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp condensed milk
- ¼ cup almonds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ tbsp nutmeg powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch Kosher salt
- 1 1/4th cup all-purpose flour
- Soak mixed dry fruits (almonds, raisins, cherries, cashews and black currant) for 30 minutes in warm milk. You can use this milk for the batter once you strain the dry fruits.
- Pre-heat the oven to 135 degree Celcius.
- To prepare the batter, take a large bowl and add butter, sugar, vanilla essence and whisk well till the mixture turns creamy. Add eggs and dry fruit milk to the batter along with condensed milk to the mixture and whisk it till it turns creamy.
- With the help of a sieve, add all-purpose flour, salt, baking soda and powder to the batter. Mix the batter properly and then add soaked dry fruits, and nutmeg powder and mix well again.
- Take a baking tin and pour the batter in it. You can garnish with flaked almonds to add a unique flavor to the cake.
- Place the tin in the oven and bake the cake for around 45 minutes until it turns golden in colour. Insert a knife in the cake and pull it out immediately. If the knife comes out clean, the cake is baked to perfection.
A major benefit of baking this cake for Christmas is that it can be enjoyed by children and adults alike as it is loaded with dry fruits and nuts, which impart a distinct taste to this cake. This soft and moist cake goes well with your Christmas brunch or dinner. You can even enjoy it with a cup of hot tea or coffee while reading your favourite book or watching tv during your holidays. This is a great cake recipe for a first-time baker and we are sure that you will definitely love the outcome!
At Shreeji Foods, you can find a wide variety of dry fruits that you can use to make the Christmas cake scrumptious. Visit our store today and shop from our amazing collection of dry fruits, cookies, sweets etc to make your Christmas merrier.