Whether you are a student who is preparing for an upcoming exam or a working professional, having a good brain function is a necessity for you. There are many foods in the market that enhance your neurological capabilities, however, dry fruits are something that are known to be very good for brain health.
Dry fruits offer the necessary nourishment to the brain and ensure that it functions flawlessly. These superfoods are laced with vitamins, minerals and other essential nutrients that promote brain development and ensure healthy functioning of your body. Following is a list of a few such dry fruits that you can incorporate in your daily diet to boost your brain health:
- Almonds: You might remember your parents telling you to eat soaked almonds while preparing for exams during your school days. The reason the elders used to tell you to eat this dry fruit is that it is loaded with nutrients that enhance brain function. Almonds contain nutrients like Omega-3, Magnesium, Vitamin E, B9, Zinc etc that are considered to be very beneficial for your brain. Moreover, they are loaded with healthy fats and fibre which promote digestive health as well.
- Walnuts: After almonds, walnuts are the top choice to boost brain health. According to a study, eating walnuts on a regular basis improves your learning skills as well as your memory. They are infused with nutrients like protein, Vitamin E, polyunsaturated Omega-3 Fatty Acids, DHA etc which keep brain-related issues at bay and increase your cognitive skills. If you are battling with anxiety, then consuming walnuts is a wise choice for you as they help lower anxiety levels.
- Cashews: Cashews are widely grown in India and they are a part of the staple diet in many areas of the country. This delicious dry fruit has a myriad of benefits that make it a good choice for your health. Cashews are a rich source of magnesium, which is considered to be good for nerve transmission. Moreover, they are high in monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fatty acids which enhance memory function.
- Hazelnuts: This particular dry fruit is rich in Vitamins B1 and E and contains a good amount of minerals, antioxidants and healthy fats which are essential for a smooth functioning of your brain. The presence of Vitamin E slows down cognitive decline and helps fight against serious issues like Dementia, Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s etc. The presence of thiamine boosts nerve function and promotes overall brain health.
- Raisins: Raisins are known to be a good source of boron, which is a trace element that is necessary to develop brain function and improve memory. This element helps in the development of hand-eye coordination, attention and memory. Also, raisins are good for your overall health as well because they contain fibre that relieves constipation and are high in antioxidants which lower the risk of cancer and heart diseases.
Shreeji Foods is your one-stop-shop for all your dry fruit needs. We offer a wide range of premium dry fruits that are available at affordable prices so that you can easily include them in your daily diet. Our export-quality dry fruits are rich in nutrients that boost brain function and allow you to maintain good health.