The sweet golden nectar of gods called honey is one of the world's best and healthiest natural sweeteners. Everywhere in the world, there is a great market for honey and related products. Raw organic honey is even better in terms of nutritional components and health benefits. However, finding healthy organic raw honey is a hard hassle, and you will most probably not find it at your nearest grocer.
The honey available on the shelves of traditional markets is highly processed and pasteurized. These commercial processes get rid of many harmful elements such as bad yeast, colour, texture, and chances of crystallization. These processes are meant to improve the qualities and, more importantly, the shelf life of the honey. However, a lot of great healing properties also get lost in these processes.
Raw organic honey has tons of health benefits that are very rarely known, but in the modern world, many people are seeking out these benefits, and jars of organic honey are being sold online all over the world. So what are these health benefits we speak of? Let's dig in and find out!
1. Great Source of Antioxidants: Antioxidants are very important components for the human body. They are a shield and also soldiers who protect us against and fight free radicals. These free radicals find their way into our bodies and cause diseases and disorders. Raw honey is a rich source of plant chemicals that act as antioxidants. Some varieties of raw honey have as many antioxidants as many healthy vegetables and fruits. Organic honey really helps you fight free radicals and reduce oxidative stress.
2. Antibacterial and Antifungal: Any healthy healing substance has both antifungal and antibacterial properties. These two families of micro-organisms cause the most diseases and infections. They are quick to infest wounds, and also, people with a relatively weaker immune system are more prone to diseases and infections from bacteria and fungi. Organic honey naturally contains hydrogen peroxide, a natural antiseptic. Depending on the variety and quality of the honey, these antibacterial and antifungal properties may vary.
3. Heal Wounds: Since organic honey is an effective germ killer and also soft and gentle on the skin, it is very effective as a suave to put on wounds. Manuka honey especially is famous for its ability to treat open wounds. It is effective in reducing the time to heal wounds and diminish the chances of infection. These varieties of honey are found in hospitals and are inspected and sterile. However, it is not a good idea to use store-bought honey since it is processed for culinary purposes.
4. Phytonutrient Content: Phytonutrients are plant defence components found in the flora life for protecting them against insects and even UV rays from the sun. These phytonutrients are hugely responsible for honey's antioxidants and also the germ-killing abilities (antibacterial and antifungal), amongst other things. They are also the reason that raw organic honey shows immunity-boosting abilities. Heavily processed honey found on the shelves is devoid of all these phytonutrients and the goodness that comes with them.
5. Digestive Aid: Helicobacter Pylori is a kind of bacteria that causes stomach ulcers. This type of bacteria can prove to be fatal if not kept in check. Along with killing these specific bacteria, raw honey is also known for its aid to the digestive system. Honey is also a potent prebiotic that nourishes the good bacteria present in the intestines that help digestion.
Shreeji Foods is where the best quality of Dry Fruits & Groceries Products are available at the most affordable prices.
We have a good collection of Dry Fruits & Groceries that include Dried Fruits, Apricots, Raisins, Dry Dates, Mukhwas.
Visit Shreeji Foods online store now to purchase the best quality of Dry Fruits & Groceries at the best price. Shop now!