Makar Sankranti is a very auspicious occasion of the Hindu culture dedicated to the Sun god, Surya, and it marks the end of winter and celebrates the journey of the sun during Uttarayan. Celebrated every year in the month of January, this festival is of prime importance in the rural areas of India as it marks the threshold of the harvest season. Farmers take this opportunity to express gratitude for the harvest and the abundant yield and pray for a better future on the day of Makar Sankranti.
During this special occasion, people visit their loved ones and offer ‘tilgul’ which is made of jaggery and sesame seeds. This delicacy has the utmost importance when it comes to health because both sesame and jaggery are warming foods that help boost your immunity. Sharing this tilgul with your loved ones is considered a sign of a strong relationship and promotes the betterment of the other person.
Shreeji Foods has a vast collection of Chikkis and Ladoos that can be distributed during this auspicious occasion of Makar Sankranti. Let’s learn about a few of these delicacies in detail.
- Til Chikki – Made from carefully selected sesame seeds, this Til Chikki is the best choice for your tilgul needs. The health and beauty benefits of sesame seeds make this sweet a great addition to every celebration. Sesame seeds can help in –
- Triggering Hair growth
- Promoting Youthful Skin
- Alleviating Dark Circles and Acne
- Boosting Digestive Health
- Stabilizing Blood Pressure
- Fighting Stress and Depression
- Til Ladoo – These round ladoos made from sesame seeds are just like til chikki, and are loved by children and adults alike. These ladoos have the same health benefits as Til Chikki and are perfect for promoting the well-being of your loved ones.
- Rose Petals Chikki – Who doesn’t love to enjoy an exquisite delicacy that is infused with rose petals? Be it gulkand ice-cream or rose milkshake, people love it when rose is mixed with a delectable dessert. Shreeji Foods Rose Petals Chikki is one such delicacy that contains the goodness of Chikki along with rose petals. This combination has a lot of benefits for your health as rose petals are known to soothe digestive issues like acidity. Loved by all, this chikki is sure to make your celebrations even more merrier.
- Nut Coconut Ladoo – Coconut has been traditionally used in preparing a myriad of Indian delicacies. There are a lot of health benefits of consuming coconut other than its exceptional taste. Shreeji Foods has mixed this coconut ladoo with dry fruits like almonds, cashews, raisins and pistachios which further improves its taste profile along with health benefits. In other words, this healthy ladoo is a perfect choice for Makar Sankranti to gift to your friends and relatives.
- Dry Fruit Black Til Ladoo – Made using a surreal combination of healthy ingredients like black til (black sesame seeds), dry fruits, nuts, ghee and jaggery, this delicacy is a must-have while celebrating Makar Sankranti. This chewy ladoo is ideal for weight loss as it satiates your hunger pangs and is good for your gut, thanks to the addition of ghee, dry ginger powder and jaggery.
So, why wait? Visit our store and explore our vast collection of delicious and mouth-watering chikkis, ladoos and other delicacies that are sure to add a hint of happiness and health to your Makar Sankranti celebrations.